Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shot...

As a new mom this title could have so many meanings: My patience could be shot (it's not, at least most of the time) my eyes could be blood shot from lack of sleep (bloodshot, no, dark circles, yes), etc, etc.

However, what I am talking about is my poor sweet little boy who has been replaced by a sad, cranky, little boy ever since his 2 month vaccines. I have never ONCE thought about delaying or skipping any vaccines. And while I still won't, I am now DREADING all future pediatrician appointments that involve vaccines. Poor little Ryan is miserable. My baby that would only cry when hungry or needing a diaper change has been replaced by a little guy who whimpers and cries most of the time except when he is eating or sleeping (he's currently sleeping, that's how I can write this). So far we're 2 days out from the shots.The info sheets we were given said that if this persists for more than 3 days to call the pediatrician. Let's hope that doesn't happen! I want my sweet boy back!

His latest stats per the pediatrician (keeping in mind that he was measured incorrectly at his last visit, during which they said he was 25 1/2 inches long) are as follows: 12 lbs 13 oz (60%), 24 1/2 inches (88 %), 41 1/2 in head circumference (70%)

In other news, prior to the aforementioned shots, life with Ryan has been wonderful. He giggles and laughs more each day. He coos and squeals. He even tries to mimic me when I say "la, la, la, la, la." He'll have it in no time! He watches how my tongue moves and he moves his the same way, he just doesn't have the sound quite right. But he is trying so hard! Its adorable. (I know, I know! I sound like a sappy mom, who thinks her baby is the greatest baby ever to be born...but hey, that's what mom's are supposed to think, right?)

Here's to my beautiful baby boy and the hope that his sweet, calm, happy personality is back in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cam Fam has been Published on:

Scary Mommy