Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Elusive Sleep

So, I know I am opening myself up for all kinds of advice on this one. But I want it. My sweet (almost 12 week old) baby boy continues to be a happy, smiley, giggling little guy, despite that fact that he has suddenly decided that sleep at night is best done in 2 hour increments. He had been sleeping 5-6 hours at a time. He would go to bed at 10:00, wake up at 4:00, eat, and then wake up again at 7:00. Not too bad at all. I could function quite well with that schedule. Well, now (starting about 10 days ago when he had his 2 month vaccines...I know it’s probably more coincidental than causal, but my husband is convinced the vaccines are to blame!) he has decided that he needs to go to bed earlier (that's fine, and definitely normal) and wake up a LOT more often. Now he goes to sleep at 9:00 and is waking up at 12:00 or 1:00 and then every two hours. I don't nurse him every time he gets up and he does go back to sleep, but just not for very long.


I don't think this would be so bad if he hadn't given us a taste of what getting a "good" (wow has my definition of "good" changed!!) night's sleep was like. I just want my solid 5-6 hour stretch of sleep back!

Any suggestions? Did this "setback" happen with your kids? How did you get them back on schedule? Any and all advice/guidance/suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could offer you some great advice but I'm probably not the best person to ask. Same thing happened to Kinsey. Sleep wasn't bad but then it took a turn and I was up every 2 hours. I heard a lot of things can contribute to the waking up at night - teething, vaccines, growth spurt, ect. Who really knows? I can tell you that Kinsey is now sleeping in her crib from 7:30 pm to 6 am every night. Not too shabby! This too will pass and you'll be catching more zzz's soon. You know your little one best and you'll figure out the best path to take. In the mean time try to enjoy those late night snuggles. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

The Cam Fam has been Published on:

Scary Mommy